Workers’ Capability Development is one component which provides support for the development and upgrading of the capabilities of workers’ organizations and their members in the areas of leadership, organizational development and management, labor and human relations, grievance handling, labor laws, occupational safety and health, productivity, and the like. The following are the modules covered in the training grants:
- Labor relations, human relations and productivity modules
- Trade union administration, leadership training, union finance administration, Grievance Handling, approaches to CBA negotiations, among others
- Workplace based dispute management and resolution
- Occupational safety and health programs
Educational Grants is another component that provides educational opportunities to officers and members including their dependents for self-development, growth and be effective change agent in their organization and in their personal life. It also provides financial aid for attaining or completing Masters Degrees, Bachelor’s Degrees, technical and short-term courses, or review courses for professional examinations.
There are two (2) types of scholarship grants, namely:
- Regular Educational Grants – for officers/members of the workers’ organization. The Grants available include the following: masteral degree, completion of bachelor’s degree, technical and short-term courses (voc-tech), or review courses for professional examinations; and
- Isabelo delos Reyes (IDR) Scholarship – scholarship grants for legitimate dependent/children of bona fide officers & members of locals/chapters of labor federations, independent unions, workers’ associations and workers cooperatives. Under this scholarship, grants available include completion of four (4) or five (5) years of Bachelor’s Degree and completion of two-year Technical Course.
Under the Regular Scholarship Grant (for officers and members of duly registered labor organizations) the rates are:
- P64,000.00 inclusive of tuition fee, book allowance and monthly stipend for completion of bachelor’s degree
- P52,000.00 inclusive of tuition fee, book allowance and monthly stipend for vocational/technical courses
- P66,000.00 inclusive of tuition fee, book allowance and monthly stipend for masteral degree
Under the Isabelo Delos Reyes (IDR) Scholarship Grant (for legitimate dependent of officers/members of labor organizations), the rates are:
- P232,000.00 for completion of a four or five-year course
- P138,000.00 for completion of a two-year technical course