In 2004, a total of 42 recruitment agencies have had their licenses revoked by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA). These license cancellations were contained in 319 orders issued by the POEA since the implementation of its 2002 POEA Rules and Regulations.
The POEA, the government agency responsible for optimizing the benefits of the country’s overseas employment program, disclosed this information recently for the guidance of the public.
The orders were based on the POEA Administrator Rosalinda D. Baldoz’s strict but fair policy on new and existing recruitment agencies. It can be simply described thus as a business “difficult to enter for new agencies, easy to operate for licensed agencies, and easy to go [or to be banned or revoked] for violators.”
The orders involved 30 cancelled licenses in 2004, which is 57 percent higher than the 2003 figure of cancellations that involved 19 licenses only. These figures are in addition to those delisted agencies which failed to comply with the requirements for the renewal of their licenses.
The 30 agencies with final orders of cancellation are as follows:
- A.R. Manpower International Co.
- A.V.V. Speed Maritime Management Co. Ltd.
- Aims World Management Corp.
- Bapp’s International Manpower, Inc.
- Benton International Recruitment Agency Inc.
- Blooming Field Manpower Services Corp.
- CH Placement Inc.
- Darwin Manpower International Services
- ELI International Manpower Specialist
- Expedition International Placement
- Humanlink Services and Placement Corp.
- Inroads Manpower and Employment Services
- Integrity Placement Inc.
- JSD International Employment Agency Corp.
- MD Crisostomo Phils. Inc.
- Megafly Recruitment and Recruitment Services Corp.
- MEI Placement International
- Palimbo Overseas Shipping and Traders Corp.
- Philca Manpower and Placement Agency Inc.
- Philcon Employment Agency Inc.
- RF Placement Center
- Sambarr Employment Agency
- Sandawa International
- Tower Placement International Inc.
- Transcend Employment Services Inc.
- Vilman International Manpower and General Services
- VJ International Services
- World Top International Manpower
- Y2K Employment Agency, and
- Zion Express Placement.
The following 12 agencies have appealed the cancellation orders issued against them:
- Achica International Placement Agency Inc.
- Jaat Recruitment and Resources Agency
- Jerica Manpower Services
- Jerico International Manpower Corp.
- Lidros Service Contractor Inc.
- Majesty Resources and Management Services Corp.
- Platinum International Recruitment Agency, Inc.
- Prima Manpower Services, Inc.
- SJW Services Ltd., Co.
- Suliman International Placement & General Services
- Suntori International Manpower Corp., and
- Sure Job International Management.
These agencies, however, cannot conduct any recruitment activity during the pendency of their appeal. Any recruitment conducted by these agencies shall constitute illegal recruitment for which they can be held criminally liable.
To verify whether or not a recruitment agency is licensed by the POEA, and, if licensed, what is its status, its job openings and employers, the public should first call the 24-hour POEA Hotlines at 7221144 and 7221155.