DOLE to senior high grads: Avail of special job fair

Senior high school graduates who are seeking employment are encouraged to visit the special job fair organized by the People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP) with the full support of the Department of Labor and Employment.

In partnership with the Department of Education (DepEd) and the Philippine Business for Education (PBED), the job fair will take place on July 9 and 10 from 10AM to 5PM at the Midtown Atrium Robinson’s Manila.

The special job fair aims to provide the youth with a springboard to explore the different employment opportunities that will be available to them.

Jobseekers are encouraged to visit https://werk.ph/k12-jobfair to pre-register and take the online assessment.

They are also advised to bring their updated resume and high school identification card (ID) or any proof that they are a senior high school graduate.

To measure the competencies of the fresh graduates, the job fair will feature an assessment of their competencies in terms of Intelligence Quotient, Numerical Aptitude, Personality or Behavioral Test, Values Test, among others.

There will also be free career talks on the following topics: How to Make a Good Resume, How to Conduct Yourself During Interviews, Professionalism and Personality Branding, What Recruiters Look for when Hiring Fresh Graduates, and Tips for Young Professionals on Starting Their Career.

DepEd estimates that of the more than 1 million senior high school graduates nationwide, 60 percent will pursue college education while the remaining 40 percent will be looking for jobs immediately.

END/aldm

Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry
29