News Release
Department of Labor and Employment
January 13, 2022

DOLE suspends work in head office, NCR

Services of the Department of Labor and Employment in the central office in Intramuros and its regional office in the National Capital Region will not be available to the public on Friday, January 14, and Monday, January 17.

Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III has suspended work for the said period with the surge of Covid 19 cases particularly in NCR as he also noted “the increasing number of cases in the department.”

In a memorandum issued on Thursday, Bello directed all heads of offices, services and bureaus, including the NCR regional office to resume work on January 18.

From a handful of cases at the start of the year, Bello reported that infected officials and staff of the department numbered 128 as of Thursday night or about 21 percent of DOLE’s central office personnel of around 600.

Earlier in the week, Bello directed all DOLE offices and attached agencies in areas with surging number of Covid cases across the country to implement alternative work arrangements, including work from home, for their personnel.

“Skeletal workforce shall be limited to those performing or providing essential services,” Bello said in an administrative order issued on Tuesday. The work arrangements took effect on Wednesday until January 30.

Not included in the flexible work arrangements are personnel in the offices of the Secretary, undersecretaries and assistant secretaries, and office of the directors.

In issuing the directive, Bello enjoined all officials and employees to continue observing public health standards and other safety protocols in the workplace to help curb the spread of Covid 19. ###

 

Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry
3