News Release
Department of Labor and Employment
19 August 2019

DOLE fast-tracks IRR on service charge law

Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III has assured the speedy crafting of the implementing rules and regulations (IRR) of the Republic Act 11360, a newly signed law that requires restaurants, hotels, and similar establishments to distribute service charges in full to their rank-and-file and supervisory employees.

“We have 90 days to craft the IRR but we don’t intend to maximize it, instead we hope to come up with it as soon as possible so our workers in hotels and restaurants can finally receive reasonable incentives from their hard work and quality services,” Bello said.

The law signed by the President amended Article 96 of the Labor Code, which only provides workers with 85 percent of the service charge collection while the remaining 15 percent are for the management.

Under the new law, all service charges shall be distributed completely and equally among the covered workers except managerial employees.

“The law will keep our workers in the hotel and restaurants motivated in providing quality services, as well as a chance to give them a simple reward for their hard work,” Bello said.

The new law also mandates the establishment of a grievance mechanism to resolve any dispute between employees and the management on the distribution of the service charge.

Workers can fully receive their equal distribution from the full collected service charges 15 days after the publication of its IRR in a newspaper of general circulation. ###AbegailDeVega

 

===============================================================

IRR sa service charge law, minamadali ng DOLE 

 
Tiniyak ni Labor Secretary Silvestre H. Bello III na agad tatapusin ang pagbubuo ng implementing rules and regulations (IRR) ng Republic Act 11360, isang nilagdaang bagong batas na nag-aatas sa restaurant, hotel, at iba pang kaparehong establisyamento na buong ipamahagi ang service charge sa kanilang mga rank-and-file at supervisory employees.

“May 90 araw kami upang buuin ang IRR ngunit hindi kinakailangang gamitin namin ang lahat ng ito, bagkus umaasa kami na agad itong maipalalabas upang ang ating manggagawa sa hotel at restaurant ay matanggap ang kanilang insentibo para sa kanilang pagtatrabaho at pagbibigay ng serbisyo,” wika ni Bello.

Inaamyendahan ng batas na nilagdaan ng Pangulo ang Article 96 ng Labor Code, na nagbibigay lamang sa manggagawa ng 85 porsiyento sa mga kinolektang service charge samantalang ang natitirang 15 porsiyento ay para sa management.

Sa ilalim ng bagong batas, ang lahat ng service charge ay dapat ipamahagi ng buo at pantay-pantay sa mga sakop na manggagawa maliban sa managerial employee.

“Ang batas ay isang paraan upang ang ating manggagawa sa hotel at restaurant ay patuloy na magbigay ng kalidad na serbisyo, gayundin upang bigyan sila ng simpleng pabuya para sa kanilang pagsusumikap,” ani Bello.

Inaatas din sa bagong batas ang pagtatatag ng grievance mechanism upang resolbahin ang anumang di-pagkakaunawaan sa pagitan ng empleyado at management sa pamamahagi ng service charge.

Tatanggapin ng buo ng manggagawa ang pantay na paghahati mula sa buong koleksyon ng service charge 15 araw matapos maipalathala ang IRR sa pahayagan.

###AbegailDeVega/gmea

Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry
51