As part of the Labor Day celebration, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) will hold the biggest Job and Career Fairs this 2016.
Labor and Employment Secretary Rosalinda Dimapilis-Baldoz said this yesterday, as she announced that the job fair would gather as many as 1,000 companies, or 800 local and 200 overseas employers, that would offer more than 200,000 local and overseas job openings to applicants.
“As our way of commemorating the 114th Labor Day in the country, the Department of Labor and Employment will bring together employers who are searching for applicants to fill vacancies in their companies and jobseekers who are looking for the right job that matches their skills and talents. This is not just confined in one area because we are making sure that Filipino jobseekers will have a chance to apply to the vacancies offered,” Baldoz said.
This year’s Labor Day celebration’s theme is “Kinabukasan Sigurado sa Disenteng Trabaho.” The 2016 Labor Day Job and Career Fairs will be simultaneously held in at least 44 different locations all over the country.
“It will be hard for new graduates, jobseekers, returning OFWs, out-of-school youth, informal sector workers, and even the public, to miss the Labor Day Job and Career Fair. There will be at least 44 of them in various venues in the country’s 17 regions,” said Baldoz.
She added that the number of employers and jobs available are expected to increase because there are still two weeks to go before 1 May.
The simultaneous nationwide Job Fairs will also showcase Career Fairs, which is aimed at assisting the youth and students in making career decisions. The Career Fair will be open to youth and students who want to explore future job or career opportunities in the labor market.
The nationwide event will also feature livelihood counseling, skills training, and livelihood skills demonstration.
To ensure fast and smooth processing of job applications and other employment-related documentation, the DOLE and its Regional Offices enlisted the participation of the National Bureau of Investigation, Social Security System, Bureau of Internal Revenue, National Statistics Office, PAG-IBIG, and PhilHealth, which will have their own booths at the job fair sites nationwide.
Baldoz also announced the following initial list of venues for the Job and Career Fair 2016 nationwide:
– National Capital Region – World Trade Center in Pasay City
– Cordillera Administrative Region – Baguio Convention Center, Baguio City
– Region 1 – SM City Rosales and Calasiao Sports Gymnasium in Pangasinan; Robinsons Place in San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte
– Region 2 – SM City Cauayan and Robinson’s Mall Santiago City
– Region 3 – Centro Baler; People’s Center in Balanga; Bataan; SM City Baliuag in DRT Highway, Pagala, Baliuag, Bulacan; SM City Marilao, McArthur Highway, Pagala, Marilao, Bulacan; SM City, Cabanatuan City Nueva Ecija; SM City Downtown in San Fernando City, Pampanga; SM City Clark, Clarkfield, Pampanga; SM City Pampanga, City of San Fernando, Pampanga; SM City, Tarlac, Tarlac; Masinloc Gymnasium, Masinloc, Zambales; and SM City Olongapo, Olongapo City. (A post-labor day job fair at the Freedom Park, Burgos Street, Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija will be held on 3 May).
– Region 4-A – SM Dasmariñas, Dasmariñas, Cavite; SM Calamba, Calamba, Laguna; Pacific Mall, Quezon; and SM Taytay, Rizal. (A pre-Labor day job fair will held on 27 April at the Batangas City Convention Center in Batangas).
– Region 4-B – Divine Word College of Calapan Oriental Mindoro; SM Robinson’s, Palawan.
– Region 5 – SM City Naga, Naga City, Camarines Sur
– Region 6 – SM City Iloilo, Manduriao, Iloilo City; and The Shops at Amigo, Iloilo City
– Region 7 – Cebu Capitol Building, Cebu City; Avellana Cebu National High School
– Region 8 – Tacloban Astrodome Singkahan, Tacloban City
– Region 9 – Zamboanga Economic Freeport Authority in Talisayan, Zamboanga City
– Region 10 – SM City; KCC Mall in General Santos
– Region 11 – Gaisano Mall of Davao City; SM City Davao
– Region 12 – SM City General-SM Trade Halls 1 and 2; KCC Mall, General Santos Convention and Events Center
– Caraga – DOLE Surigao del Sur Field Office; DOLE Agusan del Sur; DOLE Agusan del Norte.
– Negros Island Region – SM City Bacolod; Robinsons Dumaguete.