The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) today bared a nationwide schedule of job fairs for the month of February in various cities, municipalities, and colleges/universities in coordination with Public Employment Service Offices (PESOs) and private sector companies.
A report reaching Labor and Employment Acting Secretary Manuel G. Imson said the job fairs will be for the benefit of job seekers, graduates, skilled persons, would-be overseas Filipino workers (OFWs), and displaced workers in various regions.
The DOLE’s Bureau of Local Employment (BLE) said the job fairs will be held in the following regions on the following venues and schedules:
1. National Capital Region (NCR): Local/overseas job fair c/o of the Marikina City PESO at the Marikina City Hall on February 10; local/overseas fair c/o of the Caloocan City PESO at the Caloocan City Hall on February 11; three-day local fair c/o the De La Salle University-Manila at the Philippine Trade Training Center (PTTC) in Pasay City on February 18-20; and local fair c/o the Philippine Star ClassiFinder at the Glorietta Center in Makati City on February 28;
2. Region 3: Local/overseas fair c/o the Provincial Office of Nueva Ecija PESO at the Nueva Ecija Convention Center in Palayan City on February 1; local/overseas fair c/o the San Fernando City PESO at the Atrium Cityhall in San Fernando, Pampanga on February 2; local/overseas fair in commemoration of the late Senator and labor father Blas F. Ople’s birthday 78th birth anniversary at the Municipal Hall Compound of Hagonoy, Bulacan on February 3; and local fair for graduating students at the Bataan Polytechnic State College in Balanga City, Bataan on February 8;
3. Region 4-A: Local/overseas fair c/o the San Pablo City PESO at San Pablo City, Laguna on February 2, followed by a similar fair at the same city on February 10; and local fair c/o of the PESO at Lyceum College in Batangas City on February 26;
4. Region 6: Local/overseas fair c/o of the local government unit (LGU) of Oton, Iloilo at the municipality’s covered Gym on February 18; and local/overseas fair c/o the Guimaras LGU at the covered Gym in Sibunag, Guimaras on February 24;
5. Region 7: Local fair c/o of the PESO at the Naga Sports Complex in Naga, Cebu on February 11; and,
6. Region 9: Two day local/overseas fair c/o the PESO at Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay on February 17-18; and another two-day local/overseas fair c/o of the Zamboanga City PESO at Zamboanga City on February 23-24.
Imson said the BLE’s earlier preliminary report showed that some 42,314 job seekers were placed in all types of jobs as a result of job fairs conducted nationwide last year.