Believing that ‘charity begins at home,’ Labor and Employment Secretary Rosalinda Dimapilis-Baldoz guaranteed that DOLE employees are continually assured of a Collective Negotiation Agreement (CNA) that promotes their welfare and protects their rights.
Baldoz reiterated this commitment when she approved the 2015 CNA proposed by the DOLE Organic Employees Association (DOLE-OEA) during the Department’s 82nd Anniversary celebration.
“The signing of our new CNA, which will be in effect for three years, is another milestone that reinforces our assurance to be an exemplar of sound labor-management relations practice. I also look forward that this will carry on the better working relationships and hope this will foster productivity among the DOLE workforce,” Baldoz said.
The highlights of the 2015 CNA are following new provisions that guarantees the rights and welfare of the employees:
A. Compassionate Time-Off. The Department may grant its employees a maximum of three days’ time-off from work, subject to the guidelines issued by the Association Management Consultative Committee (AMCC) based on exigency of the service and the usual notification requirement in cases not covered by the immediately preceding section such as, but not limited to:
1. Filial obligations to parents and siblings for their medical and social needs;
2. Family Reunions;
4. Death Anniversary of immediate family members for the first five years of mourning;
5. Ante-mortem activities involving immediate family members; and
6. Attendance in court hearings on personal capacity.
B. Prayer Room. The Department shall set-up a prayer room for expression of religious beliefs.
C. To carry out the complete implementation of the provisions of the CNA, all Central and Regional Offices of DOLE shall include in their Project Procurement Management Plan (PPMP) the following items:
1. Training on Behavioural Safety
3. Fasting Blood Sugar
4. First Aid Kit
5. Supplies for the Day Care and Lactation Station
6. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
7. Cost of uniform/costume for Sports fest, Fun Run, DOLE Central Office Chorale; celebration of Women’s Day, DOLE Anniversary, Labor Day, and Independence Day
8. Cost of food for participants to the Sports fest, Fun Run, DOLE Central Office Chorale; celebration of Women’s Day, DOLE Anniversary Labor Day, Independence Day etc.
9. Cost of honoraria for Dentist, Medical Doctor, Voice Trainer, Dance Instructor, Resource Persons on Health-Related Activities/Livelihood Program/Women’s Day Lectures/Summer Workshop for Children
10. Cost of participation/registration fee for livelihood Programs, Fun Run, etc
11. Appreciation Gift for Retirees
12. Tribute for Retirees (Plaque, food, token)
13. Registration fees and travelling expenses for Union related activities, such as, but not limited to, AMCC Meetings, Alliance Meetings
14. Cost of online examination for job applicants
Additionally, under the newly signed CNA, the Director of the Financial and Management Service (FMS) and the Vice-Presidents of the concerned DOLE regional offices were added as members for the Management and the DOLE-OEA in the AMCC, thus, widening the participation of employees in the negotiations.
The signed CNA has also increased the amount of Appreciation Gift given to all retiring employees who have rendered at least 15 years of service in the government, 10 years of which should have been served in the DOLE.
Retiring employees who had rendered at least 31 years of service will receive P40,000.00 appreciation gift as provided for in the 2015 CNA.
Moreover, the newly signed CNA provides P20,000.00 for retirees who had rendered 15 years of service; P25,000.00 for 16-20 years; P30,000.00 for 21-25 years; and P35,000.00 for 26-30 years.
An increase in the amount of Educational Assistance per term—from P15,000.00 to P20,000.00—is also provided to an employee who is a recipient of the DOLE
Educational Support Program (DESP) for a maximum period of two (2) years.
The 2015 CNA also provides for an employee representative, duly deputized by the SENA, to sit as member of the Promotion and Selection Board (PSB) in the Regional Offices. Those who have at least rendered one year of service to the DOLE can be eligible to apply for a vacation leave with pay for a maximum of 10 working days.
“On top of this new CNA is our shared commitment to the principles of highest professional and ethical standards, such as public accountability, respect to laws and policies, and upholding of the rights of the employees,” Baldoz said.