News Release
Department of Labor and Employment
July 21, 2020

All-Covid dead from Saudi arrive next week

The government is set to bring home next week more human remains of overseas Filipino workers who died in Saudi Arabia, the labor department said Tuesday.

This is the third batch of repatriation being undertaken by an interagency committee initiated by the Department of Labor and Employment last month, and had so far brought home a total of 137 OFWs who succumbed to Covid 19 and other causes.

Preliminary figures from the overseas offices of DOLE and the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh indicate those ready for repatriation are 57 OFW remains who all died of Covid 19.

The biggest number will come from Jeddah at 30 bodies, 20 from Riyadh and seven from Al Khobar.

“We will accord our fallen modern-day heroes the same grand welcome and memorial ceremonies due them upon their arrival,” Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III said. The chartered Philippine Airlines cargo will arrive Manila on July 28.

The labor chief said the homecoming of the remains will follow the same health protocols observed in the first two batches of repatriation where Covid 19 victims were brought directly to crematoriums upon arrival.

“Our government share the grief of the bereaved families of our dear OFWs. But we continue to seek their understanding to strictly adhere to the protocols for their own good and that of our communities,” he said.

Bello again thanked the various agencies comprising the interagency committee for the smooth and orderly undertaking in bringing home the OFW remains. – ###

====================================================

Mga nasawi sa Saudi dahil sa COVID darating sa susunod na linggo 

Nakatakdang iuwi ng pamahalaan sa susunod na lingo ang marami pang labi ng mga overseas Filipino worker na nasawi sa Saudi Arabia, ayon sa labor department nitong Martes.

Ito ang ikatlong batch ng repatriation na isasagawa ng inter-agency committee na pinangasiwaan ng Department of Labor and Employment ng nakaraang buwan, kung saan may kabuuang 137 OFW na ang naiuwi na nasawi dahil sa Covid-19 at iba pang dahilan.

Batay sa datos ng overseas offices ng DOLE at Philippine Embassy sa Riyadh, nakahanda ng iuwi ang labi ng 57 OFW na pawang nasawi dahil sa Covid-19.

Ang pinakamalaking bilang ay magmumula sa Jeddah na may 30 labi, 20 mula sa Riyadh at pito mula sa Al Khobar.

“Ating bibigyan ang ating mga nasawing bagong bayani ng isang pagsalubong at naayong pagkilala sa kanilang pagdating,” ani Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III.  Nakatakdang dumating ng chartered Philippine Airlines sa Maynila sa Hulyo 28.

Sinabi ng kalihim na susundin ang parehong health protocols na ipinatupad sa unang dalawang batch ng repatriation kung saan ang labi ng mga nasawi dahil sa Covid-19 ay agad dinala sa crematorium sa kanilang pagdating.

“Nakikiramay kami sa pagdadalamhati ng mga naiwang pamilya ng ating mahal na OFW. Ngunit patuloy naming hinihiling na mahigpit nilang sundin ang protocol para sa kanilang kabutihan at ng ating komunidad,” aniya.

Muling pinasalamatan ni Bello ang iba’t ibang ahensiya na bumubuo sa interagency committee sa maayos na pangangasiwa sa pag-uwi ng mga labi ng OFW. ###

 

 

 

Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry